Welcome! Thanks for stopping by and visiting. I’m Stefanie, wife to my graphic designer husband and mama to two daughters and two angels. Between drawing, singing, dancing, typography, and playdough, there’s always some creative process going on in our home.
As a mom, I lean on my training as an early childhood educator quite often when parenting my own children. My passion is rooted in child-led learning and using play as a tool for nurturing and connecting. Within the blog, you can expect to read about the taboos of motherhood, my day-to-day struggles as a parent, and a page dedicated to exploring child development and play invitations together.
I’m currently completing my undergraduate degree while working part-time and don’t get to blog as much as I used to. When I do get to write, it’s usually in the dark with one of my daughters attached to me as I wait for her to fall asleep. They are my little loves that require a lot of nighttime parenting, actually, nighttime mommy-ing. On rough days you’ll catch me snacking on popcorn and sipping on a slurpee while I write. Ideally, I’d be writing from a beach in Hawaii.
Since it’s harder for me to find time to write a full-length blog post, most of my sharing is on Facebook and Instagram (Personal / Play Inspired) these days. I hope to connect with you there. Drop me a line anytime, I’d love to hear from you.
– Registered Early Childhood Educator of BC, current license to practice
– Early Childhood Care and Education Certificate
– Youth and Family Support Worker Certificate
– Bachelor of Arts (in progress)
– Over 12 years of working with children and families in licensed child care programs
– Over 10 years of working with children, youth, and adults as a hip hop dance educator
Additional training and experiences in:
– Play therapy strategies
– Designing play spaces (home and classroom)
– Using natural materials and loose parts
– Pedagogical documentation
– Working with supported child development, public health nurses, psychiatrists, speech-lanauge pathologists, and the Ministry of Family and Child Development
Member of the following professional associations:
– Early Childhood Educators of BC
– Canadian Childcare Federation
– BC Play Therapy Association